About this course
Creative Solutions Collaborator Canvas: Come up with better ideas sooner
This session revolves around an interactive collaborative canvas that introduces a foundational creative and critical thinking model and related tools to help a team to come up with better ideas faster. Incorporates the Strategies for Innovative Development (SID) one-page solutions template, and a number of popular Design Thinking tools. CSI2
ABOUT The Course Content
The Creative Collaborator Canvas: Better ideas faster. The virtual canvas can be self-led & run by an independent leader for their team OR professionally facilitator-led
The CSI2: Creative Collaborator Canvas uses both the SID model & design thinking tools, for better ideas & solutions faster!
- Use the one-page process SID mode (centre) for coming up with a summary of the better ideas & solutions faster.
- Use the 4 Mode SID Flipcharts & Flow (left) to explore workings.
- Use the Deep Dive design thinking tools (right) to extend any mode as needed.
This canvas covers framing problem statements through to rapid ideation and implementation using the Strategies for Innovative Development (SID) model & design thinking tools. It's designed to come up with better ideas (Creative thinking) and solutions (Critical thinking) faster. This canvas process can be used in as fast as 30 mins (centre page), or as long as it needs using the workings (left) out and extension tools (right).
The board utilizes both divergent thinking and convergent thinking to explore many possible solutions and come up with some practical applications for business issues or areas needing fresh thinking. The session provides the opportunity to participate in & solve a real case study or workplace issue.
The problem-solving process requires both the ability to come up with new ideas and better ways of doing things (creative thinking) AND to assess the worth or validity of those ideas and convert them to practical solutions (critical thinking).
The opening 2 modes in this model focus on being creative and looking for all the crazy 'what if' blue sky "better" ideas.
The final 2 modes will make sure you actually are solving the best problem, and in a way that is actually works. Critical thinking ensures the creative ideas are earthed. (better solutions).
Using a process with the SID model ensures the steps are all done and at the right time, in the best order.
CREATIVE THINKING The thinking we do when we generate ideas. Can challenge dogma and construct unusual elements/ Divergent Thinking
CRITICAL THINKING The thinking we do when we judge ideas. Can apply meaning and relevance. /Convergent Thinking.
Who is this course for?
- Leaders and teams that want to use quick and simple design thinking creative problem-solving tools to come up with better ideas (and solutions) faster!
- Leaders who have participated in the full 'CSI2 Creative and Critical Thinking Rescue Strategies' workshop and would like to use the canvas for their teams.
- The canvas can also be used by individuals to systematically walk through a simple design thinking process. - one step at a time.
OUTLINE & FLOW
Creative Thinking Rescue Strategies - workings
MODE 1: ENQUIRE (Empathize & Frame)
- STRATEGY 1: Cultivate curiosity
- STRATEGY 2: Accept ambiguity
MODE 2: EXPLORE (Ideate & Diversify)
- STRATEGY 3: Unleash your imagination
- STRATEGY 4: Access all parts of the brain
Critical Thinking Rescue Strategies workings
MODE 3: SOLVE (Highlight Solutions)
- STRATEGY 5: Reconstruct common concepts
MODE 4: APPLY (Prototype & Test)
- STRATEGY 6: Explore different paths
- STRATEGY 7: Embrace optimism
SID FINAL CANVAS
- Deep dive design thinking tools (use these as needed to further explore each mode & strategy.